Ireland's Best Yoga Mats!
If you love yoga as much as we do and practise a lot, maybe even every day then you know how nice that it can be to have a great mat that supports you during poses, cushions your joints and gives you a nice, clean surface every day to allow you to relax and focus on yourself.
The Best Yoga Mats for You Online
Yoga Mats Delivered in 48 Hours
48 Hour Yoga Mat Delivery in Ireland
As Ireland's Leading Yoga Mat Service, We're Proud to Deliver Yoga Mats All over the Country FAST - usually within 48 hours including: Dublin, Belfast, Cork, Galway, Limerick, Waterford, Wexford, Kildare, Laois, Leitrim, Donegal, Derry, Fermanagh, Sligo, Carlow, Tipperary, Clare, Armagh, Tyrone, Monaghan, Cavan, Meath and everywhere in between.
How can we help you? We usually respond within 2 hours. Thank you.
NEW range of yoga accessories - wheels, blocks, bolsters and cushions coming soon...
So, Why Do We Think Ireland Needs Another Yoga Shop?
The reality is that if we were just going to be another yoga shop, then we wouldn't really be needed.
But, we will not waste this opportunity. Yoga Mat Store Ireland will be your leading resource for high-quality yoga mats, equipment and accessories from the world's leading yoga brands.
We know that people want a supplier that they can trust to deliver a quality product at a fair price, quickly. Quite naturally, customers want to buy their goods from a business that will stand over the products that they sell, and that will deal with them fairly and respectfully. That will value their custom.
As yoga anthusiasts ourselves, we believe that until this time that the yoga market in Ireland has been quite poorly served with many higher-quality products and accessories only available from the UK. And it is our intention to change that.
Your Perfect Yoga Mat for New Students and Experienced Yogis
When embarking on your yoga journey, one of the essential investments you'll make is buying a yoga mat. Whether you are a seasoned practitioner or just stepping into the world of yoga, finding the right mat can greatly enhance your practice. With the plethora of options available on the market, it can be overwhelming to choose the perfect yoga mat. This easy-to-use guide will help you navigate through the various factors and considerations to find a yoga mat that suits your needs, preferences, and budget.
1. Understanding the Types of Yoga Mats
Yoga mats come in various materials, each offering unique benefits and characteristics. Here are some common types:
- PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride) Mats: These mats are widely available and affordable. They offer good grip and cushioning but may not be the most eco-friendly option due to their non-biodegradable nature.
- TPE (Thermoplastic Elastomer) Mats: TPE mats are more eco-friendly as they are biodegradable and often recyclable. They are lightweight, provide decent cushioning, and have excellent slip resistance.
- Rubber Mats: Made from natural rubber, these mats are known for their excellent grip and durability. They are a great choice for yogis who prioritize sustainability.
- Cork Mats: Cork mats are made from natural cork and are known for their antimicrobial properties and comfortable texture. They offer a good grip and are eco-friendly.
- Jute Mats: Jute mats are made from natural plant fibers and provide excellent grip and breathability. They are environmentally friendly but might not offer as much cushioning.
- Combination Mats: Some mats feature a combination of materials, such as a rubber base with a microfiber top layer, providing both excellent grip and absorbency.
2. Thickness and Density
The thickness and density of the mat determine its comfort and support during practice. Standard thicknesses range from 3mm to 6mm.
- Thin Mats (3-4mm): Suitable for experienced practitioners who prefer a firm connection to the floor, enhancing stability and balance.
- Medium Mats (5mm): Ideal for most yogis as they offer a good balance of cushioning and stability.
- Thick Mats (6mm or more): Great for beginners and those with sensitive joints as they provide extra cushioning and support.
3. Texture and Grip
A good yoga mat should offer a balance of texture and grip. A textured surface provides traction to prevent slipping, while the right amount of grip allows you to hold your poses without overexerting. It's essential to consider the type of yoga you practice:
- Dynamic Yoga (Vinyasa, Ashtanga, Hot Yoga): Look for a mat with a strong grip to prevent slipping during challenging poses and sequences.
- Restorative Yoga (Yin, Hatha): A mat with a softer grip can be more comfortable during longer holds and relaxation.
4. Size and Portability
The standard yoga mat size is around 68 inches (172 cm) long and 24 inches (61 cm) wide. However, taller individuals may prefer longer mats. Consider the portability of the mat, especially if you plan to carry it to classes or while traveling. Lightweight mats are easier to transport, while thicker ones might provide better cushioning but can be heavier.
For environmentally conscious yogis, choosing an eco-friendly mat is crucial. Look for mats made from sustainable materials like natural rubber, cork, or jute. Additionally, opt for mats that are free from harmful chemicals like PVC, latex, and heavy metals.
6. Durability and Longevity
Investing in a durable mat will save you money in the long run. Check customer reviews and product specifications to gauge the mat's longevity. High-quality mats may cost more upfront but can withstand years of use without deteriorating.
7. Budget Considerations
Yoga mats come in a wide price range, from budget-friendly options to high-end, luxury mats. Set a budget that aligns with your preferences and frequency of use. Remember that a good-quality mat is an investment in your practice, so try to strike a balance between affordability and quality.
8. Cleaning and Maintenance
To maintain the hygiene and longevity of your mat, clean it regularly. Some mats are machine washable, while others require hand cleaning with a gentle soap and water. Check the manufacturer's guidelines for cleaning instructions.
Finding the perfect yoga mat is a personal journey that depends on your preferences, needs, and budget. Consider the type of material, thickness, texture, and eco-friendliness while keeping in mind your style of practice. Remember, a good yoga mat is an investment in your well-being and will support you on your yoga journey for years to come. Happy mat hunting!
Leading Yoga Mat Brands
- Manduka: Manduka is a well-known brand that produces high-quality, eco-friendly yoga mats. They offer a variety of mat options, including the popular PRO series, which is known for its dense cushioning and durability.
- Liforme: Liforme is known for its innovative alignment markers and eco-friendly materials. Their mats offer a stable and supportive surface for yoga practice.
- Jade Yoga: Jade Yoga mats are made from natural rubber, providing excellent grip and cushioning. The company is also committed to sustainability and plants a tree for every mat sold.
- Gaiam: Gaiam is a popular brand that offers a wide range of yoga mats at different price points. They cater to various styles and preferences, making them accessible to yogis of all levels.
- Hugger Mugger: Hugger Mugger is known for its high-quality materials and focus on eco-friendly production processes. They offer a variety of yoga mats with different thicknesses and textures.
- prAna: prAna is a brand that focuses on sustainable products, and their yoga mats are no exception. They offer eco-friendly options that are durable and non-toxic.
- Yoloha Yoga: Yoloha Yoga is notable for its cork yoga mats, which provide excellent grip and are eco-friendly.
- Alo Yoga: Alo Yoga offers stylish and premium-quality yoga mats that are also designed to be lightweight and easy to carry.
- Beyond Yoga: Beyond Yoga produces yoga mats that are both fashionable and functional, catering to those who want aesthetic appeal and practicality.
Additional Leading yoga mat brands -
- Yoga Matters
- Yoga Studio